John G. Kelly
Academic Background & Professional Credentials
- Mary’s University - B.Comm
- Dalhousie University – Schulich School of Law – LLB
- University of Toronto – D. PIR. (Diploma in Personnel, Industrial Relations)
- Syracuse University – M.S.Sc. (International Relations), Maxwell School of Public Affairs
- Brock University – M.A. in (Judicial Administration)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators – F.C.I.S. (Fellow of Chartered Institute of Secretaries) Sr. International Designation, Corporate Executive Level
There is a global “paradigm shift” taking place that is creating a ‘new economy’ (www.theneweconomy.com”) which in turn is reinventing professional services. The practice of law and conventional legal services are being integrated into a “21st Century Dynamic Professional Services Market” that is multidisciplinary and technology driven.
I’m making a commitment to this new generation of LLB/JD students and lawyers who are aware through underemployment in this booming market that the JD is “Just a Degree” to provide them with guidance and counseling on how to obtain the requisite graduate credentials to become specialists in ‘niche practice’ areas.
I’m making a commitment to B.A., B.Sc. and business degree undergraduates frustrated with underemployment in the ‘new economy’ with guidance and counseling on how to access direct entry innovative UK graduate LLM and MA LAW Degree programs and obtain the expertise and career credential to open doors in this booming professional services market.
My Professional Services Career
- In house counsel with a major bank.
- Start up of a successful small town law practice.
- Launch of a successful professional career as a law professor. Professional programs development team facilitator and advisor to the Office of the President in Canada’ largest college.
- Editing a national industry newsletter on industrial relations.
- Publication of a six volume series, ” The John G. Kelly Human Resources Management Series”.
- Publication of the “New General Counsel” guide.
- Consulting as the ‘Legal Thought Leader’ and ‘Professional Services Strategist’ in the North American corporate law department legal division for Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) New York.
- Litigation bill management consultant to the U.S. insurance industry.
- Developed and edited the U.S. Litigation Management Report.
- Development of the Uniform Task Based Management System (UTBMS) as an alternative to hourly billing in conjunction with an American Bar Association (ABA) task force.
- Chair of the RCMP Forensic Laboratory Services Board
- Creator and President of ‘Canada Law From Abroad’ as an international education bridge for Canadians to attend top tier UK law schools.
- Lead advocate before the Ontario legislative committee for reform of abroad law degree accreditation to conform with the Fair Access to Regulated Professions Act (FARPA).
- UK Law School Education Management Consultant.